Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What's Cookin'?

the birthday girl and her new cookware

a heartfelt letter from Paige...In case you can't decifer it, it says..."Dear Mom, I love you so much. You are the best mom in the holl wide wrold. Your not the best coock but I think your good at coocking lemin creme bars. To: Mom Love, Paige"

my manly man at the BBQ grilling up some dinner

It wasn't meant to be this way but my b-day ended up being cooking themed. Matt had to work the whole day, so the girls and I partied it up while he was gone. OK, it wasn't much of a party...we made dessert, cleaned the kitchen, and watched "Julie & Julia". Avery's card even talked about cooking. She said. "Mom, oh Mom, Of all the things U do for me, I love your caring heart the most. Maybe your cooking." I'm so confused, am I a good cook or not? I know I shouldn't look into things too deeply, but one kid thinks I'm great, one doesn't . I just asked Macy to break the tie and she said, "I like some and I like some not." It looks like the vote is Even Steven, so I guess I'll never know. One more question...What does it mean when your husband buys you workout clothes???

4 comments:

HiccupMeL said...

Hope you had a happy birthday! I'm so excited to see your pic on here -- you look just the same. Just as cute as I remember you. You should put some overalls on and pose by the Old Farm picture again...

Adam and Debbie said...

Adam brought me back some workout clothes from his trip to Reno. He must have known all I did the whole time he was gone is EAT! Oh, and I think your cooking is great the few times I've had it.

Larissa said...

My vote is that you are an excellent cook.
As for the last question, I don't have a good answer - but it made me laugh.
My husband should be buying me workout clothes because I keep getting fatter - ever since those darn girl scouts and their cookies, I believe.

Our family said...

Happy late bday!!! I bet you are the best mom in the whole world. And I am sure your cooking is way better than purple, rubbery cabbage...remember that?! Well i miss you tons and hope you are doing fabulous.
AMY